Re: Is this ugly?

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: Is this ugly?
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 11:42:08 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 3 Dec 2013, Urs Liska wrote:

Am 03.12.2013 10:30, schrieb Janek Warchoł:
2013/12/3 Karol Majewski <address@hidden>:
\version "2.17.96"

{
  a'8 ( b'4. ) r2
}

Look at the slur. It goes through stem and flag. Shouldn't it start above
the stem? Not sure..
Imo this is ugly, but i'm not sure how it should look like...
Janek

I don't _know_ either, but I think to become acceptable it would definitely need more horizontal space between.

Don't know if it is a good solution, but would it be possible for LilyPond to not really avoid similar collisions, but by creating small gaps in a slur or tie where it crosses other objects like stems and beams?

I remember I have seen something like that in (probably) an older hand-engraved score. I will try to find the example in my books, or create an example with some graphics editing.

--

MT