Re: improving LilyPond useability

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: improving LilyPond useability
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 18:58:05 +0100

Hi Daniel,

(sorry for delayed reply - so many emails flying around...)

2013/12/2 Daniel Rosen <address@hidden>:
> [...]

That's not a problem at all!  I would translate my materials to
English; as for translating them back to other languages we have
people who'd take care of that.  What you'd have to do is to turn my
materials into proper documentation: find a place for it, fix wording
(my translation probably won't be perfect), incorporate comments from
other developers, etc.

In other words, i'd be glad to make the translation but i want to be
sure that my work will actually be used, and that someone will
shepherd it through our contributing process so that it ends up in the
official documentation (i don't have time to this management myself).
Of course if you run into *any* technichal difficulty (like "how do i
add a new section to the documentation?"), i'll try to help.  But i
need someone that will take responsibility for getting it done.

Quite frankly, i think this would be an excellent project to get
started in contributing to LilyPond.  It doesn't require programming
expertise or any particular knowledge - you just have to put some
effort in.

best,
Janek