Re: promoting LilyPond

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: promoting LilyPond
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 19:29:44 +0100 (CET)

> We need to figure out how we can provide "style sheets", similar to
> how LaTeX makes it possible to define "document classes" (layout
> definitions and tools) and "packages" (raw functionality packaged
> into coherent interfaces).

*This* is a very worthy project IMHO!  It basically means a lot of
studying lilypond scores out in the wild to get a feeling how users
are arranging stuff.  It doesn't need any knowledge of lilypond
internals, so non-core developers are invited to contribute!  Based on
that there should be an abstraction step to get a sensible interface.

    Werner