[no subject]

From: Peter Gentry
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 20:04:21 -0000

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 18:34:53 +0100
From: Janek Warcho? <address@hidden>
To: Jacques Menu <address@hidden>
Cc: "address@hidden discuss" <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: improving LilyPond useability

2013/12/4 Jacques Menu <address@hidden>
> My recent experience creating choir scores for the first time, one of
> them with difference words a given stanza in a repeated part (see
> attachments), makes me think it would help to have off-the-shelf *commented*
> samples of some size and complexity, as a complement
to the existing snippets.

>>Sounds like a good idea.  I could add some real-life score examples of my own.
>>Where would you place such material?  A new manual, or in an existing one?

>>Janek

This is an excellent suggestion, examples of small ensembles of various genres
suitably authorised by the keepers of the runes would
be invaluable to the beginner.

These should be as free as possible of "tweaks" as these will confuse and
de-motivate the uninitiated.

As much as is possible instructions should be intuitive - you cannot really say
that for most Lily tweaks though.

regards
Peter Gentry