Re: Lilypond Website Work

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Lilypond Website Work
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 14:12:07 +0100

2013/12/6 Phil Burfitt <address@hidden>
Carl, you might also like to keep in mind Lilypond's search rankings while you redesign. A first page listing would bump up traffic considerable, and shouldn't be hard to achieve given that whoever designed lilypond's homepage hasn't given any thought to SE ranking - there's just no relevant text. (might rank well with "We are happy/pleased/proud to announce" though).

:-)

google search term: "music notation software"

1. musescore.org
2. sibelius.com
3. finalemusic.com
.
18. lilypond.org

google search term: "free music notation software"

1. musescore.org
2. finalemusic.com
3. noteflight.com
.
200 lilypond.org (couldn't find it - I stopped at page 20)

This is really bad, I never checked it.

These problems should be recorded in our tracker.
So far I've seen 2 issues/feature requests:

1. improve SEO
2. associate a different color scheme to each manual

This is the list of issues when searching "website" in our tracker:
http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/list?can=2&q=website&colspec=ID+Type+Status+Stars+Owner+Patch+Needs+Summary&x=type&cells=tiles

A label:Website may be useful?