Re: LilyPond Website Work (was: A thought on Windows Experience)

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: LilyPond Website Work (was: A thought on Windows Experience)
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 14:00:48 +0000 (UTC)

A side comment, picking up on a comment in the "Windows experience" thread:

I hope the new site will avoid any hooks to Google analytics or other APIs.
I'm behind the Great Firewall of China, and I see frequently how Google
dependencies cause page loading times to balloon, while the browser waits for
blocked connections to time out.

This is one of the rare times when I can complain about that problem *before*
the problem gets built into yet another website :-)

hjh