Re: Gittip (and Supporting my work on LilyPond financially)

From: Peter Bjuhr
Subject: Re: Gittip (and Supporting my work on LilyPond financially)
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 22:23:26 +0100

On 12/02/2013 02:03 AM, Paul Morris wrote:
I have been keeping my eye on Gittip. It's basically a tool that lets individuals make ongoing weekly payments to other individuals (or organizations) to support whatever work they do. It happens that more often than not this is volunteer work on free/open-source software. What really makes it compelling is that Gittip does not make any money off of the transactions that go through it. They only charge a minimal fee to cover their own transaction costs (credit card fees). Gittip is itself funded by voluntary donations made through Gittip. The code that runs Gittip is in the public domain and hosted on Github. I'm not affiliated with Gittip, I'm just really interested and intrigued by its potential. I've often thought that it would make sense for projects like LilyPond/Frescobaldi/etc.

After my own initial curiosity and Paul's words above I have now created an account on Gittip.