Re: A thought on Windows Experience

From: Joseph Rushton Wakeling
Subject: Re: A thought on Windows Experience
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2013 16:58:28 +0100

On 07/12/13 16:49, Janek Warchoł wrote:
you're probably right.  as i said, i don't know this stuff.

Well, in this case I think it's not about what you know -- it's about what you think is best to do. If it turns out that the easiest way to organize things is to have one install bundle for all platforms, fine, but as things are you already have differences in how things are set up in the Windows vs. Linux installers.

The thing to focus on probably just needs to be, what's the best way to serve a new user of Lilypond on this platform? And in that case, providing Frescobaldi as part of the default install on Windows makes sense (but as I said, with the option to deselect it there for users who have other preferences).