Re: A thought on Windows Experience

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: A thought on Windows Experience
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2013 17:11:17 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Rushton Wakeling" <address@hidden> To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>; "Janek Warchoł" <address@hidden>
Cc: "LilyPond Users" <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, December 07, 2013 5:00 PM

On 07/12/13 17:55, Phil Holmes wrote:
Patches welcome.

Should I take that as conceding the argument in principle? :-)

No. If, however, you actually offer a patch, then we could at least see whether what you're proposing is possible. Since it never seems to happen, I can only presume it's not.

I know it's frustrating to see so much discussion and no code, but one reason people discuss so much is because they want to make sure there is a solution that will satisfy everyone.

It seems that a number of people here only discuss and never contribute. That's a waste of my time reading it in case there is something valuable, which seems rare. Remember "you can never satisfy all of the people all of the time".

As it stands, I'm the one of only two people who has actually worked on improving the windows experience over the last few years. I'm now getting thoroughly bored with pointless discussion and no action and so not likely to do any more myself or continue to read this thread.

--
Phil Holmes