Re: A thought on Windows Experience

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: A thought on Windows Experience
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 09:48:21 +0100

Am 07.12.2013 23:57, schrieb David Kastrup:
I would imagine that it works best when one instance of Frescobaldi is
able to install several versions of LilyPond.  If those in turn try
installing Frescobaldi, this is not likely going to end well.
I would say so too.
Given that Denemo _contains_ one LilyPond instance already this looks like the best solution. I think we'll manage to get a working solution until Frescobaldi's next release. Frescobaldi would then try to detect an existing LilyPond installation on first startup (if it can't be included in the installer) and suggest to download and install it. If that's in place it should be fairly easy to let it also manage fetching new LilyPond versions on request.

Urs