Re: still no ultimate way to create three-staff piano layout

From: Karol Majewski
Subject: Re: still no ultimate way to create three-staff piano layout
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 11:23:00 +0100

Hi Eluze,

it works, but only if all three piano-staves are visible. When staff 'c' is
empty (hidden), distance between 'b' and 'd' is smaller than it should be. No
idea how to solve this...

=====================

\version "2.17.96"

music = {
  c'1
}

musicEmpty = {
  R1
}

\score {
  <<
    \new StaffGroup \with { systemStartDelimiter = #'SystemStartBrace
    \override StaffGrouper.staffgroup-staff-spacing.basic-distance = #10.5

 } <<
      \new PianoStaff \with {
        \remove "Span_bar_engraver"
        \remove "System_start_delimiter_engraver"
        \override StaffGrouper.staffgroup-staff-spacing.basic-distance = #9
      } <<
        \new Staff \with {
          instrumentName = #"a"
        } \music
        \new Staff \with {
          instrumentName = #"b"
        } \music

      \new Staff \with {
        instrumentName = #"c"
        \RemoveEmptyStaves
        \override VerticalAxisGroup.remove-first = ##t
      } \musicEmpty

    \new StaffGroup <<
      \new Staff \with {
        instrumentName = #"d"