Re: LilyPond editing environments

From: Carl Peterson
Subject: Re: LilyPond editing environments
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 12:15:04 -0500

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 12:01 PM, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:

Would a section "Online Tools" better be placed between the "full-fledged" editors (Frescobaldi/Denemo) and "Text editors" or after the "Text editors".

I think we could consider not only score editors but also tools like
- http://scalematcher.adamspiers.org/
or
- a tool for harmonic analysis someone announced just recently and which I unfortunately don't find right now.

Urs

I think here you're starting to cross the line from editors/tools (things that help you use and work with LilyPond) into more of a "Gallery" (things that people have done with LilyPond). Scale Matcher is an interesting, "This is what someone has done with LilyPond" (similar to "Pondings"). The difference between it and Lilybin is that Lilybin is an online editing environment that compiles whatever the user wants. Scale Matcher only does one thing through a user interface.