Re: survey on multiple development versions

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: survey on multiple development versions
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 15:51:29 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>

If we have branches with personal interests, it must become more
feasible for the respective authors with personal interests to provide
binaries if they consider that a good idea.  Any solution that will only
work via the "Phil, do more" route is not going to scale.

--
David Kastrup

I think it would potentially be feasible to have a page with a variety of builds of single binary types. This could potentially be managed a la patchy, but the question is: if we had a set of, say Linux x86 builds to try out, would people bother?

It might make more sense to think about improved ways of creating stable releases during a continuing development cycle.

--
Phil Holmes