Re: Embeddable MIDI

From: Julien Rioux
Subject: Re: Embeddable MIDI
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 14:56:47 -0500

Hi,

On 02/12/2013 9:17 PM, Anthony wrote:
Invoking lilypond-book allows me to generate HTML with lilypond tags into
HTML with PNG images. I've got that bit down. But is there a way to embed
the MIDI into the document? Using \midi with generate the midi file but it
doesn't embed it into the HTML document.

There isn't support to embed the midi file, as far as I know. But it sounds like a good idea to have that option.

Also, on a less important matter, is there a way to change where and what is
generated? Meaning, I only need PNG images embedded into HTML. But I don't
need eps, tex, texi, ly, ect.

Some of these are needed by various output formats. It does seem odd that .tex and .texi files are generated for an HTML doc, though. Did you check the command-line arguments to lilypond-book? You can tell it how to call lilypond and probably avoid generating the unnecessary files.

Each lilypond snippet seems to go into a
directory XX. Could I change this and put them all into the same directory?

You could do this yourself and change all the hyperlinks to the new locations (possibly with a script).

Cheers,
Julien