Re: Bug in the manuals ?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Bug in the manuals ?
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 10:44:02 +0100

Federico Bruni <address@hidden> writes:

>> I never reported it before, but I come across this when using the manuals :
>> -by default, I land on the French page
>> http://lilypond.org/manuals.fr.html (in Firefox, or from Frescobaldi
>> 1.2)
>> -Then I load a manual (notation reference, or learning :
>> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/learning/index.fr.html)
>> -All the links (in the table of contents on the left, or in the page)
>> direct me by default to the English pages :
>> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/learning/tutorial
>> instead of
>> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/learning/tutorial.fr.html
>>
>> This does more or less the same with the notation reference manual.

> The english pages has the html extension.
> The URL without extension will return the page of your browser language.
>
> See the link "Automatic language selection" in the footer of manuals.
>
> No bug :-)

I think it _is_ a bug if the table-of-contents entries of the French
documentation lead anywhere but to the French chapters.

The automatic language selection should not come into play when
navigating _inside_ of a particular language document.

So when I click on "4. Retouche de partition" in
<URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/learning/tutorial.fr.html>,
there should not be a link to
<URL:http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/learning/tweaking-output>
but rather to