Re:How to count the number of notes in a .ly file? (David Kastrup)

From: Jan Rosseel
Subject: Re:How to count the number of notes in a .ly file? (David Kastrup)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 19:47:14 +0100

> From: Urs Liska <address@hidden>
>
> I repeat my (corrected) suggestion which could be a workaround at
least.

> If you can use Frescobaldi from Git you can pull and checkout the
> "accounting" branch (not "statistics") of my Frescobaldi fork on
> https://github.com/uliska/frescobaldi. (Ah no, you don't necessarily
need
> Git, you can also download a ZIP file of any branch from Github) This
allows
> you to copy a rudimentary statistic to clipboard on a file basis (the
open
> document). This contains a line
>
> XX | Note
>
> which you could grep or something like this to get your numbers.
>
> Very hacky but _could_ work if the number of files is not too big.
>
> HTH
> Urs

I'll give that a try after our launch. It would be a good feature to
have in Frescobaldi. It's a common feature in a word processor, and also
belongs in a tool like Frescobaldi.

For my purpose (score split over many files) David's suggestion likely
works better. I assume the Frescobaldi "hack"  only counts the notes in
the file that is open? Or does it follow the includes (recursively)?