Re: A thought on Windows Experience

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: A thought on Windows Experience
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 15:25:57 +0100

"Peter Gentry" <address@hidden> writes:

> Actually I always thought WordStar was better than WordPerfect and
> still yearn for Dos and Basic.

Dos?  How newfangled.  I had to use the debugger to patch the terminal
control sequences for my (text) terminal emulator under CP/M into
WordStar.  Yes, the manual contained the patch locations and
descriptions for the terminal sequences and geometry.

It was only for later versions that a program was provided that asked
the respective questions about your terminal control sequences and did
the patching on its own.

> Progress is a wonderful thing, things just get more complex....

I am not sure that configuration has become so much more difficult.

--
David Kastrup