Re: tranpose relative to the last pitch

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: tranpose relative to the last pitch
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 11:57:42 +0100

Tom van der Hoeven <address@hidden> writes:

>> David Kastrup schreef:

>>> Actually, looking at the pitches you ask for, you'll rather need
>>> \modalTranspose here.

> Thank you David,
>
> I see you point. With \modalTranspose you can automatically change the
> notes that are within the range of the scale.

I don't see that we are talking about the same thing.  Your example was
supposed to transform f to a (a major third up) but e to g (a minor
third up).  It seems like you want to stay in your mode.  \transpose
does not do that.

> But I change the notes based on visual inspection. In fact I colour
> all notes f and lower in red, so that it catch the eye immediately.

I have no idea how that is supposed to be related to your original
request.

> If I change a few successive notes I rather place no extra octave
> changing marks on the first pitch. ( the first f after \terts{ )
> It is clear that the pitches after \terts{..} might need extra octave
> changing marks because they relate to the pith just before \terts{..}

Have you tried the code I proposed?  Inserting \terts { and then some }
afterwards will then not change the octave relations at all.

> So within \terts I want to know the absolute value of the g before
> \terts{...}

Again, I have no idea what you want to say here.

--
David Kastrup