Re: lilypond for ios

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: lilypond for ios
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 14:46:34 +0100

Am 13.12.2013 14:14, schrieb Stephanie Mitchell:
Hi all,
Just wondering if there is an app for ios that can write and print lilypond
files?
I'm looking for a ios app that will do this, so I can print music while away
from home.
Thanks,
Steph

At least currently that's not possible IISC.
One problem is that compiling scores has high demands on processing power, so it may never appear on ios or android.

What's theoretically possible (but I don't know of an implementation yet is having a server application where you could send your .ly files to, that produces a PDF (or SVG) and sends that back to your device.

That's not a tip what you could do now but a more general idea what would be possible.

HTH
Urs

Mitchell Piano Studio
Phone: 0450354342