Re: Custom note names / octavize pitch

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Custom note names / octavize pitch
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 12:51:38 +0100

TaoCG <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks, I got it working. I have to rethink the use of capital letters
> though since it conflicts with expressions like \clef F.

Just write \clef "F" and you'll be fine.  It's recommended anyway since
things like \clef "violin_8" don't work otherwise.

> Also at this point I simply extended my language of choice in
> define-note-names.scm, but I suppose I could simply append a new
> language-definition to language-pitch-names?!

You'd probably not want to mess with LilyPond's files themselves but
rather put your definitions in a separate file you include, or you'll
get into all sorts of surprises when trying to exchange documents with
other people.

--
David Kastrup