stylesheet file structure

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: stylesheet file structure
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 08:11:38 -0500

Hello all,

Now that my huge “Home for the Holidays” project is over, I’m hoping to get
back to codifying my Lilypond stylesheets (including the Henle piano
stylesheet). When the whole system is ready to share, I want to have a
sufficiently granular structure, but not overdo it — any comments on the
following would be appreciated.

Right now, I’m considering the following “tree” levels (presented here upside
down):

    Size
    Geometry
    Purpose
    Genre
    Instrument
    Style

So, for example, I might have a “leaf” called

    legal_landscape_part_classical_organ_Barenreiter.ly

which would be used to duplicate Barenreiter’s pipe organ scores; or

    letter_portrait_score_musicals_pianovocal_Boosey.ly

to duplicate Boosey’s music theatre piano-vocal scores.

Thoughts?
Is this granular enough? (n.b. I could easily be convinced to conflate Size and
Geometry)
Or are there levels I’m not including here, which would add flexibility without
adding too much “overhead" to the system?

Thanks,
Kieren.