Re: stylesheet file structure

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: stylesheet file structure
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 15:25:26 +0100

Am 15.12.2013 15:19, schrieb Kieren MacMillan:
Exactly the other way around.

>  Barenreiter_organ_classical_part_landscape_legal.ly
>
>Barenreiter is most significant, e.g. for sorting.
Actually, for me “organ” is the most significant for sorting!  =)
But I appreciate your point.

This discussion makes me think of one thing:
Both approaches are valid, maybe depending on personal preference but maybe even depending on the current context.

I suggest thinking about _one_ single include file offering basically _one_ Scheme function that sorts out arguments and finally includes the right style file(s).

Usage (namings hypothetical):

\include "Kieren-s-stylesheets.ily"

\loadKierensStylesheet \with {
  publisher = "Bärenreiter"
  instrument = "organ"
  genre = "classical"
  purpose = "part"
  geometry = "portrait"
  size = "legal"
}

All parameters should be preset with defaults that are used when not given in the function call.

I'm not completely sure it'd work out, but it looks like a very elegant user interface.

Urs