Re: Alternate endings with chord names above (or below) them look bad

From: Alex Loomis
Subject: Re: Alternate endings with chord names above (or below) them look bad
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 20:33:28 -0500

You can also set the chords' outside-staff-priority to 601 - the volta bar's is 600 - but that looks bad if you have a chord anywhere other than the downbeat of the first bar.

On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 7:32 PM, Sam Whited <address@hidden> wrote:
On 12/15/2013 03:09 PM, Jim Long wrote:
> Perhaps you can share a *small, cropped* mini-image of a section
> where Lilypond's default looks unappealing to you?

These two images [1, 2] should illustrate it nicely. Thanks for the
info; maybe I'll move them back in my score and try to find a better way
to make the alternate ending signs look better.

On 12/15/2013 03:40 PM, Alex Loomis wrote:
> If you want them above the bracket, the following code works:

Thanks, that's a much better way than I'm doing it now, I'll swap over
to that until I figure out what I think the best looking way is.

Thanks all!

—Sam

[1]: http://i.stack.imgur.com/fjL1S.png
[2]: http://i.stack.imgur.com/bRocw.png