Re: TextLine context

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: TextLine context
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 11:25:45 -0500

Hello again,

Here’s what I’ve cobbled together, with no real understanding of what these
things actually do…  ;)

\layout {
  \context {
    \type "Engraver_group"
    \name "TextLine"
    \consists "Collision_engraver"
    \consists "Axis_group_engraver"
    \consists "Separating_line_group_engraver"
    \consists "Text_spanner_engraver"
    \consists "Text_engraver"
    \override TextScript.baseline-skip = #2.25
  }
  \context {
    \Score
    \accepts TextLine

Seems to work reasonably well, with one exception [so far]: it takes up
vertical space even when there’s nothing in the context.
How can I get it to “hara-kiri” when it’s empty? (n.b., I couldn’t find a
hara-kiri-engraver or similar anywhere…)

Of course, if you see anything in there I don’t need, or that might cause
problems, or something that’s missing, give me a shout.

Thanks!
Kieren.