Re: Short alternate ending breaks staff length

From: James Worlton
Subject: Re: Short alternate ending breaks staff length
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 11:38:26 -0600

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 11:28 AM, Sam Whited <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm having an issue where a short alternate ending on a piece results
in the last staff being a bit short. I have not encountered this with
other music, and when trying to put together a shorter minimal working
example couldn't reproduce the problem. The song in question, however,
is public domain (``Breakin' Up Christmas") so I've attached the
original file (it's also available online [1] just in case this list
doesn't accept attachments).

I tried manually setting the measure length; but that doesn't seem to
have fixed the problem. Any ideas? I'm using LP 2.17.97.

Thanks,
Sam

[1]: https://gist.github.com/SamWhited/a18a2c343847509c76f2

Your last chord in the \harmonies variable is still set at duration '2'. I changed it to '4' and the space went away. Apparently lily was leaving horizontal space for the invisible extra bit of the duration.

James Worlton