re: opera/musical engravers

From: info
Subject: re: opera/musical engravers
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 18:21:16 -0700

Kieran-
I am finished with my latest opera "The Map" we're starting a kickstarter proposal in January or Feb. The director and conductor are on board, auditions probably in Sept '14. 8 singers, 8 instrumentalists, minimal spoken dialogue fully scored out.

I did not use lily -book it was/is easier for me to adjust page numbers per scene since there are always rewrites and scene changes (there have been two so far).

I did set up a full score template and adjusted it per scene, this turned out easier for me than to create a new one for each one. Since I do not use bar lines when I compose it also allowed me to introduce time signatures where they were needed in the top voice at all times.

The score is in c with accidentals in forget as when printing the parts it will make it easier for me to understand the 'problems' with lily's transpositions.

Doing this in probably not the prettiest code and in most likely unfashionable way allows me the greater freedom to understand what was going on while engraving.

Hope this helps a bit.
Jay