Re: emacs point-and-click on OSX

From: Jacques Menu
Subject: Re: emacs point-and-click on OSX
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 10:20:22 +0100

Hello,

Once Mac Ports is installed, the following:

sudo port install xpdf

does install xpdf and all necessary stuff.

JM

Le 19 déc. 2013 à 22:03:41, David Kastrup <address@hidden> a écrit :

Kevin Patrick Barry <address@hidden> writes:

Alternatively, you might want to try to get xdvi running on your
system.  It's quite likely less fancy, but its configuration is simple,
and the required file in .xdvirc in your home directory should work
under MacOSX as well.

I feel like an idiot for asking this, but how would that help?

My turn to feel like an idiot.  I meant xpdf.  I apologize for any
unnecessary work this brain malfunction of mine might have caused.

but evince and xpdf (the ones in the 2.17 documentation) are for
Linux.

I was of the opinion that MacOSX was able to run X11 applications.
Evince is tied into GNOME, but Xpdf should have a fair chance to get it
to run under MacOSX I think.

--
David Kastrup