Re: Fwd: autochange and tuplet brackets

From: Simon Bailey
Subject: Re: Fwd: autochange and tuplet brackets
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 10:29:49 +0100

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 9:55 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Am 20.12.2013 08:33, schrieb Simon Bailey:
>>> is this a bug or just unexpected behaviour on a border-case which doesn't
>>> occur in real music?;)
>>
>> Well, it _does_ occur in real music, as you have shown us.

The smiley would appear to indicate he has been indulging in a bit of
> facetiousness directed against canned responses.

yes, this was a comment made with tongue firmly in cheek. :) the original version delivered by the composer did not have cross-staff beams and rests under the tuplet beams in both hands. i feel that my notation is less complex for the player, but not being a pianist, i'm not sure if it would be considered the "correct" way to do it. if not, i'm open to suggestions on how better to notate this section. i haven't consulted gould on the matter yet, but will do so this evening.

all that aside -- the tuplet brackets do not work very well by default for this case, so my original question still remains: bug or extreme border case?

regards,
sb

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of trombonists, for they are subtle and quick to anger.