Re: emacs point-and-click on OSX

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: emacs point-and-click on OSX
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 13:57:30 +0100

Kevin Patrick Barry <address@hidden> writes:

>> Once Mac Ports is installed, the following:
>>
>> sudo port install xpdf
>>
>> does install xpdf and all necessary stuff.
>
> Thanks for this. I am getting closer, but still no cigar.  Xpdf is
> working, and it is, I think, calling the lilypond-invoke-editor script
> correctly when I click on a note in a pdf generated by lilypond, but I
> get the following error:
> "/home/gub/gub/target/tools/root/usr/bin/guile: bad interpreter: No
> such file or directory"
>
> I assume it needs this guile to run and can't find it, so I changed
> the file to point to one I found in the LilyPond.app
> (/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/guile), and now I
> get another error when I try to click on a link:
> ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link:
> ERROR: file: "libguile-srfi-srfi-1-v-3", message: "file not found"
>
> Since there is no libguile-srfi-srfi-1-v-3 I'm not sure what to do
> next.  The only guile I found on the computer was the one installed in
> LilyPond. Finder doesn't really seem to be able to see what's going on
> in macports - maybe I should have pointed the lilypond-invoke-editor
> script in that direction? There are folders called guile and guile16,
> but no file called guile in either of them.
>
> Damnit Jim I'm a musician not a magician!

lilypond-invoke-editor seemingly is a GUILE script, so it needs a
working GUILE interpreter.  It would appear that the installation of
GUILE you pointed it to is not really working.  Again, I'm somewhat at a
loss to figure out how to fix this on MacOSX.  It would appear that the
installation is not done correctly: that would point to a GUB problem
(our installer).

--
David Kastrup