Re: LyricHyphen hara-kiri

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: LyricHyphen hara-kiri
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 15:42:56 -0600

Kieren,

On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 3:26 PM, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:

I think [to begin with] there are two separate issues to consider here:

1. In m.28, it’s clear that “foo bar” has not become one Pango string, which it apparently has on the downbeat of m.29 (and really “should”, I imagine, in any “ultimate fix”).

Now that's really strange!  I've attached my result below.  Same example as the last one you gave, but I don't see those gaps.  If you're not accidentally using the older version of the function, I have no idea what could be going on.

2. If “foo-bar" happens over a barline, it probably shouldn’t be compressed; at the very least, that should be a settable property (analogous: #’to-barline).

This probably wouldn't be too hard.  (That sounds like "famous last words"...)

-David