Re: [Feature Request] \compressFullBarRests improvement(s)

From: Alex Loomis
Subject: Re: [Feature Request] \compressFullBarRests improvement(s)
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 17:18:11 -0500

Two separate ones. As an orchestral performer those breaks are often used to signify the beginnings of sections to make counting easier, so if I'm resting and there are 8 bars of one theme followed by 8 of another, I find it much easier to keep my place when it's 8 and 8 instead of 16.

Alex

On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 5:07 PM, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Alex,

> I don't see what's wrong with the output, that's exactly what I would expect it to be.

Does your output show a single four-measure MMR (which I would both want and expect it to be), or two two-measure MMRs (which is undesirable, primarily because it's distracting to the performer)?

Thanks,
Kieren.