Re: Spanner.center.text property?

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Spanner.center.text property?
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 17:02:08 -0600

Hi Kieren,

On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 4:01 PM, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello all,

I’m trying to duplicate this type of “Safety” marking in my musical score(s):

Is there a Spanner.center.text property, or equivalent easy auto-hack (i.e., one that doesn’t require manual tweaking if the spanner length changes)?

I don't have time to work this out at the moment, but possibly you could adapt an analysis bracket.  Or for another hacky solution, you could mess with a MeasureCounter stencil, like I did here:

It's on openlilylib:

 https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets/tree/master/specific-solutions/bracket-repeats

My adaptation there was pretty piecemeal--only enough to get the limited case working, apparently.

Maybe what you're wanting should get its own grob?

--David