Re: Spanner.center.text property?

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Spanner.center.text property?
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 17:19:08 -0600

Hi Kieren,

On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 5:06 PM, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi David,

> I don't have time to work this out at the moment

Fair enough!

I do have time for a simple demo, which just involves changing a variable definition and adding a argument for text.  Awful, but you see it's doable.

> but possibly you could adapt an analysis bracket.  Or for another hacky solution, you could mess with a MeasureCounter stencil, like I did here

Thanks — I’ll make an attempt.

> Maybe what you're wanting should get its own grob?

Maybe! As it turns out, there are other issues involved, e.g., one [likely] only wants this to appear on the top staff of a system (or, perhaps, on whatever staves other “score-level” markings appear, e.g., MetronomeMark, etc.). A separate grob might allow for more flexibility in that regard.

Yes, and you wouldn't kill the MeasureCounter for use with a separate grob.  And there ought to be the option of stretching it over multiple measures.  Possibly I can work something up over my break between semesters.  I'm thoroughly embarrassed by the raggedy undigested code attached.

I’m playing around with a test case, to see if I can get it close to the goal line — I’ll repost when I’m within sight of it.

OK!

--David