Re: opera/musical engravers

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: opera/musical engravers
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 19:15:07 -0500

Hi Jay,

> I am finished with my latest opera "The Map”

Congratulations!

> we're starting a kickstarter proposal in January or Feb.

Good luck — keep us updated on your progress.

> I did not use lily -book

That seems to be the consensus. (I’ve only used -book for “academic” purposes,
e.g., papers comprising mostly text, with a few musical examples — all of my
“scores with text” have been in Lilypond proper, and apparently it will stay
that way.)

> Since I do not use bar lines when I compose it also allowed me to introduce
> time signatures where they were needed in the top voice at all times.

For me, that’s a separate — and important — issue that I’m working to solve.

> the 'problems' with lily's transpositions.

Another separate and important issue to solve.

Thanks!
Kieren.