Re: [Feature Request] \compressFullBarRests improvement(s)

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [Feature Request] \compressFullBarRests improvement(s)
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 02:42:34 +0000 (UTC)

James Harkins <jamshark70 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> FWIW, I agree with Kieren. If I saw a part with some multimeasure rests
> broken for no obvious reason, e.g.
>
> { \compressFullBarRests \mark \default R1*2 R1*2 \mark \default R1*2 }
>
> I would think the publisher was insane or incompetent. I'm surprised this is
> LP's default behavior.

Hm, no, that example looks OK because of the older-style rest format.

*This* looks nuts to me, and I don't recall every seeing anything like this
in any part that I played from in wind bands in high school and college...
why not just |--- 4 ---|?

{ \compressFullBarRests \override MultiMeasureRest #'expand-limit = #1 \mark
\default R1*2 R1*2 \mark \default R1*2 }

hjh