Re: [Feature Request] \compressFullBarRests improvement(s)

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Feature Request] \compressFullBarRests improvement(s)
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 06:56:48 +0100 (CET)

>> Here’s my request: I would love it if \compressFullBarRests actually did
>> what it says it does…  ;)
>
> FWIW, I agree with Kieren. If I saw a part with some multimeasure
> rests broken for no obvious reason, e.g.
>
> { \compressFullBarRests \mark \default R1*2 R1*2 \mark \default R1*2 }
>
> I would think the publisher was insane or incompetent. I'm surprised
> this is LP's default behavior.

I also support this request.  Another reason is that in many parts of
percussion instruments, say, there is `tacet' for a very long time,
e.g. from rehearsal number 20 to 76.  A potential new implementation
of \compressFullBarRests (or a variant as suggested by David K.)
should allow compression of everything (including measure changes!)
into a single MM rest to span these two rehearsal numbers.

    Werner