Re: Alternative notation for guitar 7th chords

From: Marten Visser
Subject: Re: Alternative notation for guitar 7th chords
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 14:43:13 +0000 (UTC)

Alex Loomis <thebluemusicbox <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Here is the file. Convert-ly upgraded the syntax but something happened
in an internal fine that made a large part of it that changed the way
accidentals look not work, so I commented that part out. I'm not familiar
with pop notation, so if there's anything that needs to change let me know.

> On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 12:03 AM, Alex Loomis <thebluemusicbox <at>
gmail.com> wrote:
> I didn't see it in the LSR and the version of pop-chord.ly I found was
written for 2.11.52, so it might not work perfectly. Give me a moment and
I'll attach one that works with 2.17.95

> On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 10:06 PM, Tim McNamara <timmcn <at>
bitstream.net> wrote:The easiest thing is using the pop-chords.ly
alternatives to the default chordname style, using \include.  I think it is
available in the snippet repository.  Or you can write your own chordname
exceptions, the procedure for which should be in the Notation reference.

> > On Dec 21, 2013, at 8:46 PM, Marten Visser <msvisser <at> planet.nl>
wrote:

> > Hi Lilyponders,
> >
> > Typesetting my masterpiece is drawing to completion, and one fine point
of
> > typesetting remains.
> >
> > \chordmode { c1:7 } typesets the 7 as a superscript. I'd like to know
how
> > the 7 can be typeset on the baseline, like the m of a minor chord. I
> > couldn't find any tweak that does that for me.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Marten

> Attachment (pop-chords.ly): text/x-lilypond, 4888 bytes

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply. I tested it, but there is an error still. Maybe you
can help, as I know too little about how Lilypond has been set up
internally?

test file:
----------------------------

\version "2.16.2"

\include "pop-chords.ly"

myMusic = {
  f1 g1
}

myChords = {
        \chordmode{ f1:m }
        \chordmode{ g1:7 }
}

\score {
        <<
                \new ChordNames { \myChords }
                \new Staff {
                \key c \minor
                \new Voice {\relative c' \myMusic }

The error I recieve:

D:/Marten/Muziek/Bladmuziek/Lilypond/Flaws and bugs/pop-chords.ly:191:23:
error: syntax error, unexpected '.', expecting SCM_FUNCTION or
SCM_IDENTIFIER or SCM_TOKEN
    \override ChordName
                       .extra-spacing-width = #'(-1.25 . 1.25)
D:/Marten/Muziek/Bladmuziek/Lilypond/Flaws and bugs/pop-chords.ly:193:0:
error: syntax error, unexpected '}'