Re: [Feature Request] \compressFullBarRests improvement(s)

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [Feature Request] \compressFullBarRests improvement(s)
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 01:16:37 +0000 (UTC)

Kieren MacMillan <kieren_macmillan <at> sympatico.ca> writes:

> [...]
write 2+2.  For the vast majority of cases, if there are 48 bars> >> between
two rehearsal marks I'm happy to see |=48=| between them.> >> So, why write
anything but R1*48 in the part in question?

> You can write R1*48 in the *part*, but if a shared variable (say, a global
with other changes in it) is simultaneous-ed with it, the R1*48 gets broken
by Lilypond. This is what I'm trying to avoid.

> So ultimately you're supporting my argument/request: If one writes R1*48
in a part, one should see a 48-measure MMRs in the output.  =)

Ah, I misunderstood the issue. Indeed:

\new Voice <<
  { s1*2 s1*2 }
  { \compressFullBarRests R1*4 }