Re: guitar position indication

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: guitar position indication
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 17:28:48 +0100

bart deruyter <address@hidden> schrieb:
>Hey,
>
>thanks :-), it did the trick indeed, I renamed to firstpos, secondpos,
>etc...
>
>with all those libraries, creating namingconventions becomes critical,
>certainly when the editor adds more functionality.
>
>I didn't even know frescobaldi adds this functionality with built-in
>lilypond code.

Most of the modes are realized by transparently including a file with some
formatting code. It's not Frescobaldi that does the highlighting, it just tells
LilyPond (how) to do it.

> I'm not a programmer, maybe I'm thinking wrong, or I
>don't
>grasp the concept yet, my last use of coding (php) has been about a
>year
>ago, but couldn't this be avoided by using a namespace, specific for
>the
>lilypond code used by frescobaldi?

Good idea, I will look into this.
But I hope we won't need _this_ preview mode anymore once we've managed to
implement an SVG music view that can display control-points from any objects
directly, without depending on LilyPond creating them. Imagine a viewer where
control-points are shown as soon as you hover over a slur :-)

Urs