Re: guitar position indication

From: bart deruyter
Subject: Re: guitar position indication
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 17:13:07 +0100

Hey,

thanks :-), it did the trick indeed, I renamed to firstpos, secondpos, etc...

with all those libraries, creating namingconventions becomes critical, certainly when the editor adds more functionality.

I didn't even know frescobaldi adds this functionality with built-in lilypond code. I'm not a programmer, maybe I'm thinking wrong, or I don't grasp the concept yet, my last use of coding (php) has been about a year ago, but couldn't this be avoided by using a namespace, specific for the lilypond code used by frescobaldi?

grtz,

Bart

http://www.bartart3d.be/
On facebook
On Twitter
On Identi.ca
On Google+

2013/12/23 Thomas Morley <address@hidden>
Hi Bart,

2013/12/23 bart deruyter <address@hidden>:
> Urs,
>
> no problem, I have what I've got in attachment here, and the second file
> added is a file as reusable library of stuff, including things I've learned
> in this conversation. The cause of the error could be in there too.

it is.
control-points are coded using the scheme prcedures first, second,
third, fourth.
You redefine them in your guitar-stuff.ly. Can't work.
Quick fix would be to change the namings in guitar-stuff.ly and BWV.ly
to frst, scnd, thrd, frth.
I've tested it, works.

@Urs
To avoid further hassle I'd suggest to change the namings in the
control-points code:

first - car
second - cadr
third - caddr