Re: New user frustration, pedal and alternative endings, roman numerals

From: Tim Ringenbach
Subject: Re: New user frustration, pedal and alternative endings, roman numerals
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 17:04:21 -0600

Are you saying that \alternative is known to work with \parallelMusic?

I can create a minimal example when I get home from work.
But what I was doing was:

\parallelMusic #'(upper lower) {
  \repeat volta 2 {
    % Bar 1
    % right hand notes here |
    % left hand notes here |
  }
  \alternative {
     {
        %rh notes |
         %lh notes |
     }
     {
        %rh notes |
        %lh notes |

I think if I put a | after the {} for the \alternative it would compile but act strange, and otherwise it would say my bars were not the same length.

What would be more helpful to me would be a minimal example of it working.

Thanks,
Tim