two-column dialogue markup function(s)

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: two-column dialogue markup function(s)
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 20:41:18 -0500

Hello all,

I’m trying to create a two-column dialogue markup function for my musical score(s), e.g.,

I’ve got this so far, but even it’s not working correctly:

%%%%%  BEGIN SNIPPET

\version "2.17.97"

#(define-markup-command (dialogue layout props charname text) (markup? markup?)
  #:properties ((line-width 12))
  (interpret-markup layout props
    #{\markup \line {
         \bold \concat { #charname : }
         \override #`(line-width . ,line-width) \wordwrap { #text } } #}))

\markup \dialogue #”Kieren" #"This long line of text should wrap, into a column narrow enough to allow for two of these side-by-side on a single U.S. letter page. Furthermore, it should appear 'indented', i.e., the text should all sit to the right of the rightmost edge of the character name.”

%%%%%  END SNIPPET

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kieren.