master variable (Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.0.12)

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: master variable (Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.0.12)
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 21:00:17 +0100

op 28-12-13 13:25, Jakub Pavlík schreef:
Hi,

I am quite unhappy about the removal of the "master" document variable, which I have relied on quite heavily. For my workflows it is much more useful than sessions. If this decision is final, I will either stick to 2.0.11 for the rest of my life :) or try to maintain a "topic fork" of Frescobaldi with this feature reenabled.

Jakub

The "master" variable is back. Soon to be released 2.0.13 will have it. Its behaviour is the same, the implementation changed slightly: the redirected filename is not directly given to a LilyPond process started on behalf of the current document, but the master document is loaded (if it wasn't already) and LilyPond is run on behalf of that document.

Thanks for your feedback: that drives Frescobaldi :-)

Wilbert