Re: footnotes, next instead of underneath each other

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: footnotes, next instead of underneath each other
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 14:19:51 +0100

bart deruyter <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks David, but what do you mean with
> 'factor out the hard-coded page builder?' I have no clue what that is
> about, scheme? Never worked with it before.

No, C++.  The target is customizable Scheme, but the current
implementation is rigid C++.

> I think horizontally stacking of footnotes is very useful, I'll add it to
> the feature requests (my first :-) ).

Don't get your hopes up for a timely implementation.  Basically the
whole footnote implementation needs to be designed properly.  At the
current point of time, it is an after-the-thought hack into the page
breaker.

And of course, the existence of this hack decreases the pressure to
basically do this again almost from scratch.

--
David Kastrup