Bar checks

From: Colin Tennyson
Subject: Bar checks
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 16:27:08 -0800 (PST)

Following up on my previous post:

Is it good practice to put bar checks inside \lyricsmode { ... } ?

Dormend__a_minor.ly
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/n156747/Dormend__a_minor.ly>

In the source I inserted the pipe-symbol for bar check both in the note
entries and in the lyrics entries.

Of course I noticed the compiler warnings about failed bar checks in the
lyrics.
But the lyrics were lining up just fine, and I couldn't see any pattern in
the "errors"; they seemed random, so I ignored them.
(I opened the 'fonts and colors' in the preferences, and I changed the color
of 'error lines' to a light shade of grey).

Is it better to not use the pipe symbol in the lyrics?

Or is there a way to get the lyrics to line up correctly _and_ have the
compiler not issue bar check errors?