Re: Efficient transposition

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Efficient transposition
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 01:31:59 +0100

2013/12/31 Colin Tennyson <address@hidden>:
> You see, the way I understood the documentation was that the  \transpose
> [note] [note] _must_ be followed _directly_ by a pair of curly braces.
> I'm pretty much stunned by your example, where the  \transpose c' a is
> followed by a \new ChoirStaff

I think docs explain it and examples "do exemplify it": lilypond music
expressions are like math expressions: by adding new parts connected
by operators you can build bigger expressions such as -(2+3) from
smaller ones such as 2+3.

Now in lilypond you can have { f g a b } which is a music expression
and so are these:

\relative c { f g a b }
\transpose c c' \relative c { f g a b }
\new Staff \transpose c c' \relative c { f g a b }

et cetera.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com