Re: "No tremolo to end"

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: "No tremolo to end"
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 20:02:53 -0800

On Mon, 30 Dec 2013 12:36:25 -0800, Daniel Rosen <address@hidden> wrote:

Usually this appears when two parts tremolo and one of their notes is a
unison, in which case you probably want to tell LilyPond to treat the unison as
a chord, with \partcombineChords \partcombineAutomatic

Or, when you are taking cues and the cue starts mid-tremolo.

Neither of those applies here.

Keith, would you be willing to help me debug this? The project is hosted in a
Git repository on Bitbucket that I can link you to; I'm not ready to share it
with the whole list just yet. :-)

Warning messages are there only to help find problems, often flagging ambiguous
situations or situations where the program is known to do a bad job.  If you
checked and found no problems, don't worry about it.

There was a similar unhelpful warning with tuplets in \partcombine, and now
that I look at it (http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=245) the
warning came whether there were unisons or not.  We recently looked into it and
decided to shut of the warning.  What you describes sounds similar.