Re: output diff

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: output diff
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 10:23:44 +0100

Noeck <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi
>
> I remember that I have seen something like a diff of output files for
> lilypond as regtests some where. Objects that match are drawn in black
> and if not, the old one is printed in red and the new in green.
>
> Is that available as a general tool?

Yes and no.  The executable that is used for that is
scripts/output-distance.py but I don't know how it is used, and it only
works selectively on files that have differently placed grobs (otherwise
it skips the visual comparison).  There is a standalone tool called
scripts/auxiliar/make-regtest-pngs.sh that compares all the images with
a different algorithm.

> My purpose would be to look at my scores if something changed in the
> output when I upgrade to a newer version.

make-regtest-pngs.sh should be able to do that.

--
David Kastrup