Re: calling all opera/musical engravers

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: calling all opera/musical engravers
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 12:47:07 +0100

Valentin Villenave <address@hidden> writes:

> - Trust not only the program but the community. I can’t count the
> hundreds of times where I got stuck, angstily asked a crucial question
> and got my life-defining answer WITHIN MINUTES. Every roadblock I
> encountered evidently wasn’t _that_ much of a big deal,

That's like saying a trill on fingers 4-5 with a roll on a violin
evidently isn't that much of a big deal when you ask the right person.

> but you tend to lack objectivity when it comes to your own work and
> everything seems desperately adverse.

But the point is: once you asked the right person, you can use his
version of the trill in your result.  You can use "sampling".

And the instrument gets nicer through the years.

--
David Kastrup