Weirdness With Fonts and Font Tree Snippet

From: Joshua Nichols
Subject: Weirdness With Fonts and Font Tree Snippet
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 10:39:31 -0600

I figured I'd wait till 2.18.0 to see if something magical occurred, but now I know for sure...

When I use the snippet:

#(define fonts

(make-pango-font-tree "Linux Libertine G"

"Nimbus Sans"

"Luxi Mono"

(/ myStaffSize 20)))

On my Mac (which is Snow Leopard) I do not get "Linux Libertine" but some sans serif font (I imagine it is Nimbus Sans).

I promise I have the font installed, and (for some reason) I remember it worked a while ago... but now I have no clue.

It works properly with Windows machines (both of my work machines are windows) and have shown no signs of error. I also tried installing the font from the source, (it was under "Linux Libertine O") and tried it too. I did try the TTF version as well; alas, to no avail.

I imagine this may be an internal thing (with respect to my personal computer) but was wondering anyone if ya'll had any thoughts in regard to this matter. It would also be nice to know if there is a clear cut way to change the default internal fonts to LilyPond (when I see all the developer jargon, I get all fuzzy and dizzy).

See attached for default output when I run it through my Mac.

Sincerely,

Josh